RE: [AD] Proposal for small change in d_edit_proc()

Title: RE: [AD] Proposal for small change in d_edit_proc()

> > And how about naming it something else entirely, and keeping the
> > current one as is but deprecate it ?
>
> Do you mean extending the DIALOG structure ?

No, there was a concern that changing the behavior of d_edit_proc
could break programs that assumed the character/byte behavior in
a non obvious way (eg segfaults at runtime when entering long
strings). My point was then to keep the current d_edit_proc as is,
and add, eg d_edit_proc_fixed, which has the new behavior.

On the topic of d_*_proc, it would be quite useful to have the
DIALOG* that generated a list callback call being passed to the
callback itself, so it can gather more info on the list itself.
(That's d_list_proc).

--
Vincent Penquerc'h