RE: [AD] Proposal for first step towards new api

Title: RE: [AD] Proposal for first step towards new api

George Foot wrote:
> If unifying input devices is a good thing, then it's beacuse the
> user can use one API to query all the devices.  I'm not totally
> sure how useful this is, but if it is desirable then we can use

This is the reason I voted for that. I find it very annoying
when a game forces one to use the keyboard for one thing, but
allows use of the mouse for another thing. A unified system
directly in Allegro allows for easy implementation of such a
configuration system (but I grant you that it is not difficult
to write the layer on top of the existing API in the game
itself, and that adding tablets here would border on tricky).

--
Vincent Penquerc'h