Re: [AD] BeOS fullscreen crashes with Allegro 4.0

On 6 Jan 2002 at 13:52, Matthew Leverton wrote:

> I'm not real familar with the internals of Allegro or BeOS , so I don't know
> what the problems would be. Your test program worked fine for me, compiling
> as you did.
>
> You could try booting into BeOS safe mode (press space bar when before it
> switches to the BeOS graphical boot screen - should say something like
> Starting BeOS....) to use generic video drivers. You could also maybe try
> the Allegro Setup program and choose different sound card, or disable it
> manually via an allegro.cfg file?

A bit late reply this. I finally got time to test your suggestions.
Running BeOS in safe mode had no effect. Disabling sound obviously
worked since the problem is in install_sound(). There doesn't seem to
be any alternative sound drivers to try (only BEOS and AUTODETECT).

BTW, I tried replacing the wait for key loop to eliminate need for
install_keyboard() and noticed that rest() doesn't seem to work. A
rest(5000); did not delay program execution at all.

Another (probably unrelated) thing I've noticed: A joystick is
detected although I have none installed. This makes the demo game
unplayable since the ship keeps going right all the time. Really
annoying! :)

--
Sincerely,
Daniel Schlyder