[AD] X error workaround

I often have this error message when exiting from an Allegro program
under X:

XIO:  fatal IO error 9 (Bad file descriptor) on X server ":0.0"
      after 7413 requests (7412 known processed) with 0 events
remaining.

and after that the program doesn't do anything, but can exit with ^C.

IIRC this is a widespread X issue...

In a my program i use a stupid workaround to have at least the program
exit without having to hit ^C: i call alarm(2); just before my exiting
routines...

maybe we could put that directly into the atexit, or something similar?

--
"Unix users are smarter than Windows users"
                                        Henrik Stokseth

 - Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono -          / /|       /^___ \
Real Name: Lorenzo Petrone         / / /      / /L_/ /
e-mail: _lano_@xxxxxxxxxx          / / /      /  ___-°/
irc.azzurra.org #lano            / /_/__    /  /|__-°
digilander.iol.it/lano666       /______/|  /__/ /