RE: [AD] Proposal to kill non-UTF-8 support

Vincent Penquerc'h writes:
> On a side note, I believe UTF-16 is the same as UCS-2 (roughly,
> not taking into account endianness) and UTF-32 is the same as
> UCS-4. Can anybody confirm or deny ?

Pretty much. I think the only differences are that UTF16 and UTF32
define those watermark characters that you can put at the start
of a file to identify endianess, and that UTF16 has escape codes
for accessing characters outside the 16 bit UCS2 range.

--
Shawn