Re: [AD] alertX - allegro plugins structure

> i remember some times ago somebody suggesting to have "official plugins"
> that have a structure similar to allegro and are perfectly integrated, u
> have simply to untar them in the same dir of allegro and run
> ./configure&&make again...

    This would be cool. The library itself could be modular this way too
(but only for static linking, otherwise the .so & .dll ABI will be
shattered)

> nice idea should also be to have `allegro-configure --libs --plugins`
> that automagically links also the installed plugins...

    This is another nice idea, although either one would work by itself.

> what about the guibrella?

How about  guizilla? Mage is 1.2MB source and growing daily. I haven't
assimilated anyone else's yet either :)~
I confess, I am writing an IDE, and maybe Allegro Office too.  I will try to
split it into at least 2 libs, a GUI one and an application framework lib.

 Apart from AGUP  (It could be used as a drop in replacement today, just
copy a new gui.c into Allegro before building) all the GUI libs carry a bit
of bloat risk.  I'm sure many gamers would rather see FBlend or AllegroGL
integrated first.

I think the rule should still be, if it can be an addon - it should be.

When the official Allegro 5 distro is out on CD, it could have a fancy
splash screen that simply does

cd allegro
make
make install
cd alleggl
make

etc.

And talking of distros, the CD could also have a gamers' (fb enabled etc)
Linux and Freedos on it too. Installable on the x-box if poss.

oops waffling on the [AD] list again, see ya