Re: [AD] 4.0 release candidate 1

First the report:
all400.zip compiles right out of the box on my machine under:
- djgpp 2.03 (gcc 2.95.3)
- MinGW 1.1 (gcc 2.95.3)
- Borland C++ 5.5.1

allegro-4.0.0.tar.gz compiles right out of the box on my machine under:
- Linux Mandrake 8.0 (gcc 2.96)
- QNX RTP 6.1 (gcc 2.95.2)

> http://alleg.sf.net/future/all400.zip                    (2621022 bytes)

IMHO alleg40.zip would be better (ultimately alleg400.zip): the 3.0 release
was dubbed alleg30.zip and the 3.12 release was dubbed alleg312.zip

> Some of them contain demo.dat, which is why they're bigger than usual.
> If nothing's wrong with them (wishful thinking), they will be uploaded
> as 4.0.0 (the date would say 4/12 instead of 10/12, but *shrug*).

Ho ! I forgot that the demo.dat will have returned. A little patch is
attached.

> The Windows DLLs are now named all40.dll, alld40.dll, allp40.dll
> (instead of all400.dll ...).  I think this is the right thing, but I'm
> not sure.

I agree with Owen: alleg40.dll would be better, but I'm ok with the two
others. This way, the three names would match those of the sub-directories
of obj/platform/ .

> Eric, was there no better way to fix makedoc.c for BCC?

Yes, there is a better way... trying to understand makedoc.c :-)
Including alconfig.h disables a few non-trivial warnings through #pragma. I
chose this solution because putting the switches to disable them on the
command line makes it too long (and I didn't want to use the so-called
response files for every single source file).

> Now makedoc.c depends on Allegro's headers.  I took out makedoc.c from the
> allegro-tools RPM.

I apologize, I wasn't aware of this problem. You can put an #ifdef or remove
the line, I won't mind to either solution.

> Don't touch the tree.  There are some changes which I've made but
> haven't committed yet.  I'll send those later or tomorrow.

You are the SMT (Sole Master of the Tree) ;-)

Last thing: I wonder whether the GNU C compiler is called gcc on every
platform. Another little patch is attached.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx