RE: [AD] Possible new features for Allegro?

Title: RE: [AD] Possible new features for Allegro?

> - mpeg (or equivalent) video support. FLC produces huge files
> with good
> quality and it doesn't contain sound stream.

Quite a complex bit of code, I heard, though I've never
actually looked at it.

> - AI routines, lots of games needs these :-)

What do you mean ? An inference engine ? AI is another thing
that no two games will do the same way, because there is an
infinity of ways to do it. What kind of routines would you
propose for that ? If you're going for a event->brain->reaction
engine, that's a huge thing, and well beyond the scope of
a lib like Allegro.
If I may plug again, have a look at the NPCAI group on egroups
(or whatever it is now). You might be interested, though it's
more and more dead. We could do with another recruit :)

--
Vincent Penquerc'h