Re: [AD] Possible new features for Allegro?

> Yeah... you have a point there. Other things that popped into my mind are
> - to add opengl support(merge AllegroGL?) because software 3d rasterizers
> are not candy for eyes
> - to re-write the GUI code. Black&White widgets don't look so good and I
> would like movable/rezizeable windows.
> - to add more 3d engine functionality: bsp trees, models, textures, etc.
> - to add run-time datafile writing functions (or a filesystem simulator
> inside one file)
> - and that networking support you already mentioned. Is it really so hard
> to portably(excluding dos support... no point in there)?

Sorry but my memory is quite fragmented today... I still forgot to mention
couple of features:

- more bitmap file format support including JPEG, GIF(though it's a
proprietary format, it's allowed to load it), etc.
- mpeg (or equivalent) video support. FLC produces huge files with good
quality and it doesn't contain sound stream.
- AI routines, lots of games needs these :-)

--
tero.laitinen@xxxxxxxxxx
http://tlaitinen.gangsters.org