Re: [AD] Proposal for first step towards new api

>My proposal is at:
>
> http://alleg.sourceforge.net/future/allegro_new_api_draft_one.txt (60Kb)
>
>I will put patches to that file on the web once I've collected some.

I agree with what Eric says, and I would also like to say that changing
symbols like `_textmode' to `al__textmode' is very ugly, confusing, and
not at all sensible given that underscores usually run together in most
fonts. I would suggest this:

 symbol_name           ->   al_symbol_name
 _symbol_name          ->   _al_symbol_name
 STRUCT_NAME           ->   AL_STRUCT_NAME
 _STRUCT_NAME          ->   _AL_STRUCT_NAME

This also means that we stick to the rule of `private' symbols being
prefixed with an underscore.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx