Re: [AD] Proposal for first step towards new api

>First of all: I'm not going to hide difference between devices.
>Some kind of keyboard-joystick emulation is in my opinion
>app thing, not library.

Yes, definitely.

>What I want to achive is better devices management. If all devices are
>inited by one function they can be easily closed by one function or
>polled at once. We can also implement some device indepentent
>functions like saving device state (who likes calibrating joystick,
>mouse...), record/playback support. Debuging can be probably easier.

Well, I think this is also an app thing. It would be better to write a
separate interface for each class of device (joystick, mouse, keyboard),
since they are very different in what they do. There is only minimal
overlap. And keeping separate interfaces is probably easier; although
there is no pre-existing structure which is just filled in, the library
simply maps onto the hardware which is much easier to code.

In any case, if you want this sort of device management, it is easy to
implement over the top of an existing interface, so it could easily be
an add-on.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx