Re: [AD] [LNX] environment variable for modules

On 2001-12-08, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The attached patch implements a feature suggested by George.
> > Currently, to use modules you have to install them into /usr/lib or
> > /usr/local/lib. This patch lets you specify a directory to look for
> > the modules in, via the environment variable ALLEGRO_MODULES.  For
> > security reasons, ALLEGRO_MODULES is not used if you are running as
> > root.
>
> Ok, let's go.

Actually, I've decided to leave it for the following release.  There's
security concerns to think about.  And, the patch I sent yesterday
would have been wrong if someone put a slash in modules.lst.  I've
fixed that locally, but there still might be bugs.

> > Unrelatedly, should ALLEGRO_WIP_VERSION become ALLEGRO_REVISION (or
> > something like that)?  George said people are using it so we should
> > not rename it, but what about:
> >
> > #define ALLEGRO_REVISION  ALLEGRO_WIP_VERSION
>
> This conflicts with the semantics of os_version and os_revision, but I think
> "version,sub-version,revision" is better than "version,revision".

Ok, we'll leave this one for the time being as well.