Re: [AD] Allegro 5's new graphics core

>>>http://pages.infinit.net/voidstar/new_gfx.c
Sorry, but I haven't yet had time to look at it,
I still want to give my opninion on thids discussion.

While an OpenGL driver would be quite useful, I don't seen any reason why
we would not let AllegroGL provide this functionality.

Also in the light of modularisation (what a word) it would be better
to let the few things that are already modularized stay that way,
instead of incorporating them in the main lib.

This would still allow for easier porting, since you can just
port allegro without gfx drivers and use allegrGL for that.

While I agree a simple 2d GL driver could be useful, it would
IMHO lead to lots of code duplication when we would
have such a 2d driver inside allegro, and a 3d one in allegroGL.

the old allegro mantra :
use add-ons, add-ons are good, use add-ons, add-ons are good,
use add-ons, add-ons are good, use add-ons, add-ons are good,
use add-ons, add-ons are good, use add-ons, add-ons are good,
use add-ons, add-ons are good, use add-ons, add-ons are good,
use add-ons, add-ons are good, use add-ons, add-ons are good,
use add-ons, add-ons are good, use add-ons, add-ons are good,
use add-ons, add-ons are good, use add-ons, add-ons are good,
use add-ons, add-ons are good, use add-ons, add-ons are good,

I think I made myself clear ;-)
--

Martijn Versteegh