Re: [AD] Update on `const'

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 08:50:59AM +0100, Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono wrote:
> > It returns filename portion of path argument, what's wrong with it?
>
> ah ok i simply didn't read the doc :)

Think of printf(get_filename(full_path)); for example.

> i had this doubt because in the libc there are some functions that return
> exactly the argument passed, and IMHO this is stupid. ( fread() for example )

Return values aren't stupid because they are the same like parameters,
you should compare both values to know if something has gone wrong.

Stupid return values are those of one of my friends: he pretends void
doesn't exist, so all functions return BOOL(true), even when they
can't fail.

--
 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx   http://gradha.infierno.org/