Re: [AD] Proposal for first step towards new api

> Yes, I also think we may have a chance to simplify (and fix) the DLL
> compatibility problem. Javier let me know some days ago that MSVC can link
> to DLL symbols by name only if the symbols to be exported are declared (or
> defined ? it's not very clear) with the __declspec(dllexport) attribute.
We
> might switch to this mechanism while prefixing the API.

It haves to be used in the declaration. Probably we could use a define
#ifdef AL_MSVC
  #define AL_DLLEXPORT __declspec(dllexport)
#elifdef AL_LINUX
  #define AL_DLLEXPORT
#endif

btw, I think Mingw32 also supports __declpspec(dllexport), I'm not
source about Borland though