Re: [AD] more xwin problems...

On November 3, 2001 04:32 pm, you wrote:
> On 03 Nov 2001, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I just got the latest cvs to fix a problem that was causing
> > any allegro app to go super slow... now It is going just as fast
> > as it used to but I'm noticing a weird problem that I've only
> > seen once before... I think It may have something to do
> > with the threading and screen locking. What happens is
> > the allegro app stops dead after a bit and in the consols an
> > error message from X appears:
> > XIO:  fatal IO error 0 (Success) on X server ":0.0"
> >       after 116069 requests (116068 known processed) with 0 events
> > remaining.
>
> If you look at _xwin_close_display, it now looks like:

[snip _xwin_close_display]

> My guess is that we are locking the display (with XLOCK), then doing
> something in `_xwin_private_destroy_window' which is not meant to be
> done while the display is locked.  I'm not sure if the locking is
> actually necessary.  Try taking it out.

hmm.. Didn't change a thing.

> > The app Im using that regularly displays this error is a Virtual Machine
> > that I wrote and wrote Allegro bindings for it...
>
> I left this for later because I couldn't reproduce it consistently.
> If your program does it consistently, please send it to me, or do some
> debugging with it yourself.

I've been playing with it to see If its my fault... But The only thing that
is all that different about my vm is that It loads a .so that is linked
to allegro.. It used to work fine. I'm going to try compiling allegro
without pthreads support.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx