Re: [AD] Allegro bin files

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 06:43:30PM -0500, Bob wrote:
> 	It seems that you need to run "fix msvc" before being able to install the
> Windows binary version of Allegro. Should this be done automatically by
> msvcmake, or should the user manually do it (i.e. needs to be documented)?

I think the problem is partly with fix.sh and partly with
zipwin.sh.  zipwin calls fix.sh with:

    ./fix.sh msvc

which doesn't initiate any line ending conversion.  It needs:

    ./fix.sh msvc --utod

or something like that -- or, fix.sh needs to have a more
sensible default (currently it defaults to dtou, no matter what
the platform is).

The end user can't do this conversion either in msvcmake or
manually, because chances are they don't have utod or anything
equivalent (like bash or perl).  We could make a precompiled C
program to do the conversion, but it's pointless because the
files should be already converted in the ZIP.

George

--
Random project update:
22/06/2000: AllegroGL documentation:  http://allegrogl.sourceforge.net/