Re: [AD] vidpages idea

>I don't think this will work properly, because a game which
>gives the user a choice of page flipping or triple buffering
>will have this set to 3, even if page flipping is chosen.

I see what you mean; however:

 - triple buffering always works under Windows (so Robin tells me),
   except when you don't have enough vram (in which case you have to
   use double buffering).

 - so this will only affect games where the user can choose between
   double/triple buffering, and the user chooses double buffering, and
   the bug is present. In these cases, it should be sufficient to
   write a note in the game's documentation to use triple buffering, or
   to change the code so that it will always try triple buffering and
   fall back to double buffering if it is not available.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx
                http://www.lwithers.demon.co.uk/