RE: Re: [AD] Proposed changes for Allegro 5 (6?)

>Really? I wasn't aware of any of this. Interesting to say the least.
>Besides, I can't force you or the other Allegro devs to drop/not >drop DOS support. I just thought I'd bring it up for discussion.

Just my 2 cents in the discussion.  If Allegro drops DOS, I will drop Allegro.  I use it for some model fitting and optimization programs and I still prefer to work in DOS.  I also use it for some controller software that must run on old laptops, i.e. 386/486 machines.  Simply because it's fast, simple, portable (under DOS or Windows), easy to use and works on old hardware.  Shouldn't Allegro 5/6 also be these things?  I guess it's up to other people to decide.

Doug Eleveld

btw, I'm drunk.  I hope that I not too obvious.  I guess I'll see tomorrow when I re-read this post...

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/