RE: [AD] X libs and GUI event processing

Title: RE: [AD] X libs and GUI event processing

> Is there any conflict between the two paches ?

Not that I can see, but I use custom widgets, not Allegro's.

> Moreover, why not do the same thing two lines below for the
> wheel (question
> to both Vincent and David about their respective patches) ?

I believe the getout bits are here to speed up the update thing
(eg process only one event at a time). I think it would be OK to
remove them all, but I didn't when I did my mouse event patch, as
this code is very sensitive to the phase of the moon and a couple
other variables I couldn't identify with 100% accuracy (but tests
seem to point to /dev/random). So I wouldn't touch it with a ten
foot pole anymore, or it would be to rewrite it. And it's not even
sure I would then.
I'd say removing the other getouts could help reducing lag when
multiple events come up, but event synchronization is so prone to
bugs that I would leave them here, since it works. I had too many
problems hacking it.
Oh, and I didn't even mention the double click detection code and
how it seems to interact with the other code :)

--
Vincent Penquerc'h