[AD] Proposal for a (refined) timetable

It seems we are on the right track to release the 4.0 at the planned date.
Therefore I propose the following refined timetable:

December 3: internal release of 4.0 Release Candidate
The release manager retrieves a fresh copy of CVS code, fixes whatever
problems he finds in the process of building a release and commits back the
needed modifications. Then he locally bumps the version number to 4.0 (RC)
and makes the release available to other developers for the purpose of
testing.

Past this point, the CVS tree is totally frozen. Only changes needed to fix
critical bugs found after the release are accepted and must be at least
double-checked.

December 10: release of 4.0
The release manager makes the release, tags the CVS with 4_0 and immediately
opens the 4_0_branch. Compilation out of the box of 4.0 packages should have
been tested on at least the three main platforms (DOS, Windows, Linux).

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx