RE: [AD] to prefix or not to prefix (part 2)

Title: RE: [AD] to prefix or not to prefix (part 2)

> >Removing the ability to do printf-like formatted output.
>
> Yes, I got that bit :-)

:)

> I meant that the two functions would work in an identical manner (save
> that you need to escape % symbols in the printf() version),
> so there is
> no point having the non-printf() version (especially since
> the arguments
> are in the same, very sensible order).

Speed, and code size (the printf emulation is rather big).

> >Personally, I like it.
>
> Erm... why?

Because it is quite handy, as it avoids the need for managing various
buffers, memory allocation, so it makes code neater.

--
Vincent Penquerc'h

The consensus seemed to be that if really large numbers of men were sent to
storm the mountain, then enough might survive the rocks to take the
citadel. This is essentially the basis of all military thinking.
         -- (Terry Pratchett, Eric)