Re: [AD] [LINUX] VGA/ModeX drivers

> Oops, I've been using VT and console interchangebly.
> What's the difference?

I make the distinction between the tty programs started by the init process
(6 on my system) and the Virtual Terminals spawned by the X server (starting
with VT 8 on my system since the X server uses itself the 7th slot). But I
guess all of them can probably be called virtual terminals, so...

> Hmm, Tom had problems with modules too.  Do simpler programs (ie.
> programs that switch the video mode only once) work right with
> SVGAlib?

Not really. If I set the gfx_card parameter in allegro.cfg to SVGA:
- the demo program doesn't core if I click 'Cancel' in the gfx mode
selector, but does core if I hit 'Esc' in the presentation screen or the
game itself,
- the test program does core if I click 'Cancel' in the gfx mode selector,
but doesn't core if I click 'Quit' in the main menu.

And I just noticed that my local echo problem is the same as bug #435519:
the user reported that it was fixed in 3.9.37, which is the first version
supporting SVGAlib as a module. The difference is, though, that he didn't
receive a SIGSEGV in return ;-)

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx