Re: [AD] Irix & allegro-3.9.40

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Peter Wang wrote:

> On 20 Nov 2001, Stepan Roh <stepan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Hein Zelle wrote:
> >
> > > ---1---
> > > I solved it by adding '#undef ffloor' to the list of Irix macro's that
> > > are undefined. Very strange: apparently the Irix compiler mangles
> > > ffloor and floorf. If I #undef'ed floorf, the problem remained.
> >
> > Well, that's defined by some ugly magic (I saw it) in Irix system headers.
> > Some kind of backward compatibility issue. Not very nice, I think.
>
> In my fixed point functions renaming patch, "ffloor" is changed to
> "fixfloor".  A static inline function called "ffloor" is added for
> backwards compatibility.  If necessary, we could #ifdef out the
> backwards compatibility functions if IRIX is detected (but of course,
> we lose... backwards compatibility).  Or we could use the hack Stepan
> wrote, but I hoped we could get rid of that.

I wasn't mentioning backward compatibility in Allegro, but in Irix. They
have ffloor macro, which by some magic defines in system headers toggles
creation of floorf macro (which is backward compatibility function/macro).
If you #undef ffloor, problem with floorf disappears.

I propose that we wait with fixed point functions renaming patch till 5.0,
where API will be prefixed.

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh