Re: [AD] DGA2

> Now i tested DGA2 with X 4.1.0 and *it works*

Good news !

> then the problem is definitly with X 4.0.3 so i propose
> we put a note that DGA2 may not work in X 4.0.3 (note
> that RH7.1 uses that version)

Good idea: you could add a new FAQ entry on this topic, in the "Unix
problems" section.

> if u want i can write some lines explaining how to download
> and install a new X, because i thought it was difficult, but
> it isn't, and this makes me think that maybe there is also
> other ppl that is "afraid" of installing it.

If it's not too long, you could add it within the FAQ entry.

> PS: still a very minor problem: when i have to chose the
> graphics mode and i click on DGA 2.0 it *correctly* let
> me pick only 800x600 but it *UNcorrectly* let me pick
> only 8bpp. Then it works *correctly* in 32bpp.
> It is *not* a problem with get_gfx_mode_list, that for me
> reports correctly 800x600x32, then it probably is a problem
> with the graphics selector

Noted. And if you want to debug it yourself, don't hesitate, everything is
in the src/modesel.c file.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx