Re: [AD] Some news from the QNX port

> The only solution is to use a real mutex: with the patch attached to
> this message, the program no longer segfaults nor freezes.

It turns out that the 'soft mutex' works too if it plays nice with the
scheduler, i.e it uses yield_timeslice(). The solution is far from being
perfect because 'soft mutex' operations are not atomic, but Allegro no
longer crashes on my QNX system.

I tested the patch under DOS, Windows, Linux and QNX and all seems to work.
Hence the question: should we apply it now, given that the QNX port is
considered in alpha stage for the 4.0 release ?

I've also attached a patch for the docs.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx