Re: [AD] memory leak in readbmp.c?

On 04 Oct 2001, Michael Bukin <M.A.Bukin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I guess Allegro is compiled with constructors and
> bitmap_filetype_constructor is called before memory debugger is
> initialized and later it catches calls to free() as "freeing
> unallocated memory".  Try to test for memory problems without
> using constructors.

I tested, and you're right.  There's no problems then.

However, I stubbed my toe on the following code in alconfig.h.
It ignores the --disable-constructor configure option.

/* if we are using gcc, then constructors are supported */
#ifdef __GNUC__
   #undef CONSTRUCTOR_FUNCTION
   #undef DESTRUCTOR_FUNCTION
   #define CONSTRUCTOR_FUNCTION(func)  func __attribute__ ((constructor))
   #define DESTRUCTOR_FUNCTION(func)   func __attribute__ ((destructor))
#endif