Re: [AD] This is a call for translators' preparation

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 09:47:56AM +0200, Hein Zelle wrote:
> - links does NOT work: whole window is messed up with strange characters.
> - lynx says: 'Alert! euc-kr', then prints junk all over the screen.

I think that junk is what it's meant to be outputted, but then, I also
don't have any Korean knowledge/fonts. At least, the utf version I had
printed all characters in "*" since links detected that they were not
in my font.

> I would like you to put up a test page with the utf8 version of the
> english page, so I can check if the 'normal' case still works:

The biggest concern was about Netscape 4.7, which doesn't show correctly
latin1 characters if the encoding is utf-8, but shows them properly if
the encoding is iso-8859-1.

In the end, the pages will keep using iso-8859-1 encoding where
apropiate, iso-8859-2 for Polish, euc-kr for Korean, etc, etc. This
will keep things working with Netscape. As for small overlapping
charsets, Grzegorz Godlewski just sent me some information about
using unicode characters within any encoding, so I could use that for
the specific places where it's needed.

--
 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx   http://gradha.infierno.org