Re: [AD] Namespace again (was Problems with gcc 3.1)

"a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx"<a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Agreed. And I know that many people will not agree, but I'd REALLY like
> to push for these prefixes to be inserted *before* Allegro 4 gets
> released...

Personally, I vote for prefixed API.  But I think we should release
4.0 without prefixes, and soon after that release 5.0 with prefixes.
We may rename main allegro.h header for prefixed version and provide
backward compatibility API in allegro.h.  IMHO, it would be better to
make separate package for backward compatible API without cluttering
library, probably using inline functions instead of defines, don't
know what to do with variables.

--
Michael Bukin