Re: [AD] destroy_bitmap after allegro_exit

> This would break many old programs, because they rely on allegro_exit()
> to be called as an atexit() function (eg. for restoring screen to text
> mode in dos).

That is actually a problem in a program I've written. I've created an MP3
player for the GEM GUI. GEM uses it's own video drivers, but I use Allegro
for the sound and for a full-screen visualisation feature. I can switch back
to GEM's graphics mode from the full-screen vis fine, but when the user
quits GEMP3, Allegro switches the screen back into text mode which messes up
GEM. Would it be possible to add a variable such as
allegro_no_restore_screen_mode or something?

Owen Rudge
http://www.owenrudge.co.uk/

MSN Messenger: orudge@xxxxxxxxxx
ICQ: 125455765