[AD] Utility to convert old Allegro names to new...

I have (finally) written a small utility which parses C and C++ source
files, replacing old Allegro names with new. It is smart enough to not
rename structure members (such as `key'), and it doesn't mess with
comments or string literals. Its only real problem is that it doesn't
include a C preprocessor, so source files which do complex stuff with
the preprocessor will need manual editing.

Just for an idea of how reliable it is, in a test run just now I
replaced BITMAP with AL_BITMAP in all of the Allegro source, and it
compiled with only a minor edit (just *how* convoluted is the
preprocessing in al_inline.h???)

For instance, to replace all Allegro symbol names in the Allegro source,
you would do:

./al_ify */*.c */*/*.c */*.h */*/*.h
for file in */*.c */*/*.c */*.h */*/*.h
do
    mv $file.new $file
done

This shows how simple it would be for people to convert their projects
to the new names (of course, they wouldn't need to unless they wanted
to, due to those static functions).

However, do we still want to go ahead with this renaming?

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx
                http://www.lwithers.demon.co.uk/