[AD] more about memory leaks

I've gone through the example programs and fixed the memory leaks I
found in them.  I also had a go at a couple of the tools/tests, but
I got bored and they're not really important.

- ufile.c:158 has got a known leak, maybe not worth fixing
  (but worth documenting)

- unicode.c:2611 leaks a single byte many times

- setup.c:1411 is a leak point

- grabber.c, lots and lots of leaks, but
    - mostly line 562
    - there are some from calls to create_bitmap
    - calls to _al_malloc, don't know from where yet
    (I only testing grabbing bitmaps)

- X port consistently leaks 2 x 12 bytes.  These are due to
  XInitThreads().  I think it's not our fault.

- readbmp.c as mentioned in another message.  mtrace also reports
  freeing of unallocated data as well.