Re: [AD] CPU info changes

Vincent Penquerc'h wrote:

 > * cpu_id will be of the form:
 > "Intel Pentium III (686, model 5 stepping 6)", which should
 > be read as:
 >
 > sscanf("%s %s (%i, model %i stepping %i", cpu_vendor,
 > cpu_class, cpu_name,
 > &cpu_family, &cpu_model, &cpu_stepping);

Is this format somehow enforced by the Intel docs, or could it
be slightly different for newer CPUs ?

No, the format is made up by me, so feel free to comment on it :)
To a reasonable extent, I'll make it compatible with the Itanium and the Hammer, so that should give us a few years before it'll need changing :)

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)