Re: [AD] scroll_screen in X11 window mode

On 23 Oct 2001, Michael Bukin <M.A.Bukin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Changing scroll_screen(x, y); in tests/test.c:hscroll_test() to
>
> if ((x != tx) || (y != ty))
>   scroll_screen (tx = x, ty = y);
>
> fixes the problem (though I have also scattered some printfs in
> xwin.c).

Works for me too.

> Maybe display is locked most of the time when scroll screen
> is called often, or there is no XSync and X-server is fed up with
> drawing requests?

I think you're right.  Once I changed _xwin_scroll_screen (so that it
did not enter the XLOCK ... XUNLOCK region unless scrolling actually
was required) the problem went away.  If you think it's an okay
approach, I'll make the changes in CVS, or you can do it.