Re: [AD] scroll_screen in X11 window mode

Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 22 Oct 2001, Michael Bukin <M.A.Bukin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > In tests/test, select X11 window, 640x480 (or anything?), 8|16 bpp (or
> > anything?), then run "Misc|Scrolling", scrolling is not noticable, and
> > finishing scrolling test with either mouse or keyboard is hard (there
> > is a large delay).
>
> It's now on the todo list (I thought I had put it there before).  Do
> you think it might have to do with the mouse/keyboard event problems
> that were reported?

Changing scroll_screen(x, y); in tests/test.c:hscroll_test() to

if ((x != tx) || (y != ty))
  scroll_screen (tx = x, ty = y);

fixes the problem (though I have also scattered some printfs in
xwin.c).  Maybe display is locked most of the time when scroll screen
is called often, or there is no XSync and X-server is fed up with
drawing requests?

--
Michael Bukin