Re: [AD] documenting minor return values

> (3)
>        Returns zero on success, or a negative number on failure
>        (but don't bother checking for failure, as it never happens
>        anyway).

I may sound a little picky but I would say you're still thinking instead of
the programmer. IHMO it is better to put something more neutral, like for
example: "(you may want not to check the return value as the function is
very unlikely to fail)".

> For this case, I'd pick (3).  Or (4) if someone comes up with
> something funny.

"It's more likely you'll witness Microsoft open-sourcing the Windows source
code than see this function fail." ;-)

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx