Re: [AD] DOS port instability under Win 9X

>lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>> Sorry, what instability? Allegro is, for me, 100% rock solid under DJGPP
>>  (this is the latest CVS, running under win98).
>
>Try using an Allegro program that uses readkey() in a manner which requires
>it to wait (ie, that does NOT use keypressed() to wait for a key to be ready)
>for an extended period of time, and you may see what I'm talking about. When
>readkey() does not wait, there is no problem.

OK, I am using the following test program:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <allegro.h>

int main(void)
{
    if(allegro_init()) {
        printf("allegro_init() failed [%s]\n\n", allegro_error);
        return -1;
    }

    if(install_keyboard()) {
        printf("install_keyboard() failed [%s]\n\n", allegro_error);
        return -1;
    }

    readkey();

    printf("Test successful.\n\n");
    return 0;
}

Started at 1730, finished at 0300 -- this gives about 9.5 hours of
testing time. There was no crash.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx