Re: [AD] official beta (Re namespace again)

"Vincent Penquerc'h" <Vincent.Penquerch@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> well, why not:
>
> AL_ARRAY(volatile char, key);
>
> and in, say alcompat.c, if OLD_ALLEGRO_API is defined, have:
>
> volatile char *key = al_key;
>
> We need not use macros for everything.
> Would it be possible to cover all (or most) cases with such things ?

One more idea (don't laugh, please).

Add unprefixed variables to the prefixed library and synchronize them
in timer function or in functions that change state of certain
allegro variables.  This must be optional and can be turned on in
unprefixed allegro_init, for example.

OK, now you may laugh.

I don't think we can make unprefixed API on top of prefixed one
without using defines or something like that crazy idea above.  Some
compilers and linkers may provide some kind of aliasing, but I doubt
that all of them do.

--
Michael Bukin