Re: [AD] gui focus in d_menu_proc

> I think it's related, but different.  If you put the mouse over a menu
> item with a submenu, the submenu opens.  Then push left and quickly
> move with the keyboard.  Soon auto-popup will kick in, and the submenu
> opens.

It's always the same flaw that is surfacing here. My patch fixed the main
nasty effect but not this one.

> - Auto-popup shouldn't be in effect once you start using the keyboard.
> It should come back in effect only after you move the mouse again.

That's clearly the solution and I really tried to implement it when I was
working on the bug. But I found that would have meant either obfuscating a
little more the core menu code or nearly rewritting it (the code currently
handles only two types of event: keystroke and mouse click and doesn't treat
mouse movement as an event; the mouse auto-opening patch works around this
limitation but this approach proves to be bug-prone) and I didn't want to
take either way.

> - If you highlight a menu item with the keyboard, and the auto-popup
> kicks in, the item will still appear to be highlighted, even though
> auto-popup has put the focus back on the submenu.

Yes, another nasty side-effect.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx