Re: [AD] Polish messages and keyboard

[I repost a message I privately sent to Grzegorz]

I wasn't clear enough, let me rephrase:
- currently, Allegro doesn't differentiate AltGr from AltGr+Shift (or
CapsLock, Shift and CapsLock are here the same thing), that is there is only
the altgr table,
- to implement the Polish keyboard, Allegro needs to differentiate AltGr
from AltGr+Shift, that is to support the altgr_lower and altgr_upper tables,
- Gzegorz's proposal maintains backward compatibility by filling the new
altgr_lower and altgr_upper tables with the old altgr table for keyboards
that don't specifically use the new altgr_upper table. In this way AltGr and
AltGr+Shift still behave the same on all keyboards except the Polish one,
- the other solution is to only map the old altgr table to the new
altgr_lower table, leaving the altgr_upper table empty. In this way AltGr
and AltGr+Shift are two distinct modifiers for all keyboards.

---
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx