Re: [AD] Problems with ureadkey() under X

Hi Michael:

> > 2) Is that supposed to work?
>
> I think no.  Some games need all keys to be accessible, so Allegro
> tries to get all key presses and releases and usually do all necessary
> translations itself.

I understand it, but that's why I'm using ureadkey() instead of readkey().

>  I think it is possible to instruct Allegro to
> combine some keys into accented character (have not tried it though).
>
> BTW, what does your program return when you try to enter accented
> character?  Does it return both keys you type, or only one key, or
> something else?

X is catching all the keys, so when I press ' the Allegro application doesn't see
any key.
Then I press the "a" letter and what X sends to all applications is the key code
for "Small latin a with accute accent" (I think that's 224 in decimal, it is
ISO-8859-1 code, but Unicode maps ISO-1 in this range, we have this luck ;-). So
all X applications gets: á
Allegro is reporting to me the same code I get when just pressing the a key
alone.
I'll take a look to the code and add some printfs to see what exactly is going
on.
With more information things will get more clear.

SET

--
Salvador Eduardo Tropea (SET). (Electronics Engineer)
Visit my home page: http://welcome.to/SetSoft or