Re: [AD] Problems with ureadkey() under X

salvador <salvador@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>   I need to get my lovely accents with Allegro.
>   My X system is configured to combine ' key with some others to create some
> Latin-1 characters. It works for any X application.
>
>   So I tried it with Allegro:

[skipped]

> But it doesn't work, in fact key is converted to ASCII!!!
> What's the error? I can look the code right now, so the questions are:
>
> 1) The code is ok?

Maybe (I'm not familiar with Unicode input in Allegro).

> 2) Is that supposed to work?

I think no.  Some games need all keys to be accessible, so Allegro
tries to get all key presses and releases and usually do all necessary
translations itself.  I think it is possible to instruct Allegro to
combine some keys into accented character (have not tried it though).

BTW, what does your program return when you try to enter accented
character?  Does it return both keys you type, or only one key, or
something else?

--
Michael Bukin