Re: [AD] About the speed of flat polygon primitives

On Thursday 27 September 2001 01:24, you wrote:
> > Is Windows the only platform that exhibits such a behaviour ? I can
> > hardly think that. Wouldn't this feature benefit the BeOS port and the
> > DGA2 driver too ?
>
> Could anyone do some testing, either with DGA2 or BeOS ? Just comparing the
> results given by the test program in hardware drawing mode vs those given
> in software drawing mode.
>
> I tried with DGA2 but unfortunately the driver doesn't accelerate anything
> for my video card (ATI Xpert@xxxxxxxxxx) :-(

Um... the gatos drivers at linuxvideo.com should do what you want.
I have a Rage 128 Pro based card And its great (100fps in Tuxracer).
The gatos driver has support for 3d and 2d acceleration under X for
Rage Pro cards (Xpert@xxxxxxxxxx).

If you need Any help setting up the drivers and XFree 4.1.0
I'll be glad to help.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx