[AD] MSVC makefile stopped working (yet again)

I just updated from CVS and now I find myself unable to finish compiling the Allegro tools. Here's what I get:

G:\MICROS~1\allegro>make
Compiling Allegro for MSVC, optimised. Please wait...
obj/msvc/runner.exe link @ -nologo -release -subsystem:console
-out:tools/dat.exe obj/msvc/alleg/dat.obj lib/msvc/aldat.lib
lib/msvc/alleg.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib comdlg32.lib ole32.lib
dinput.lib ddraw.lib dxguid.lib winmm.lib dsound.lib

aldat.lib(datedit.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __packfile_da
tasize
aldat.lib(datedit.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __packfile_fi
lesize
aldat.lib(datedit.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __compile_spr
ites

[snip - about 4 pages worth]

What's funny is that it affects only the Allegro variables used within the plugins, and not the Allegro functions. I tried inverting the order of the libs (aldat and alleg) but it didn't help.

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)