Re: [AD] [Xwin] XVideo gfx driver?

>I was thinking the other day about having a XVideo X11
>driver in allegro. Would anyone be against it?
>
>Some notes:
>(these are the Xv features that my card's driver supports)
> o RGB and YUV hardware overlays
> o hardware colorspace conversion
> o hardware scaling...

I'm for it!!
A video overlay driver in X would be really useful IMO; it would make weird
resolutions to run in fullscreen anyway via the hardware scaler...

I was also investigating a bit in this some weeks ago, but I didn't find a lot
of documentation on the Xv extension, and dropped the idea; if you got enough
knowledge on it, code the driver by all means!

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx