Re: [AD] Progressions and regressions

Peter Wang wrote:

> On 18 Sep 2001, salvador <salvador@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So it means the esound support is broken (at least for this system) in
> > 3.9.37+?
>
> Try putting "digi_card = ESDD" into a config file.  I think the
> autodetection might be broken.  I managed to get exstream to hang
> just now, so I'll take a look this weekend.

Let me see if did it right, I created a file called "allegro.cfg" in the
demo directory (I'm testing using the demo program) containing:
[system]
system = XWIN

[sound]
digi_card = ESDD
------------
Is it right?
If that right: doesn't help, the library tries to open /dev/dsp anyways.
I want to remind you that esd version is 0.2.17. Perhaps the code assumes
something that fails with this version.
My system is a stable one (Debian Potato) and doesn't have cutting edge
stuff, that's my machine at work, exposed to internet all the time and with
uptimes interrupted only by energy shortages.

SET

P.S. I tried with 3.9.37/8
P.S.2: What this warning means:
Warning: shared library destination /usr/lib is not in ldd search path.
Unless you add it to /etc/ld.so.conf, you must set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
include
/usr/lib each time you want to run an Allegro program.

In my system /usr/lib is where non critical libraries are stored. Is just
printed or really tested?

--
Salvador Eduardo Tropea (SET). (Electronics Engineer)
Visit my home page: http://welcome.to/SetSoft or