[AD] RPM and simmilar stuff. (bugreport)

just looked over the mkunixdists.sh script. here's some observations.

--

at the lines 122 and 125 there is two comments which my BASH for some reason
doesn't like. the commands in question should ideally be wrapped in an "if [

renamed the .tar.gz files from allegro-X.X.XX-enduser.tar.gz to
allegro-enduser-X.X.XX.tar.gz to be consistent with the RPMs.
(the basename for the enduser packages is now $basename2)

ideally we should append a release-number suffix to the .tar.gz files.
(should be named allegro(-enduser)-X.X.XX-X.tar.gz)

The release field in the allegro.spec file was "3". i set it to "1"...
remember that the release is not the same as the version of the .spec!
the purpose of release is to indicate how many bugfix-uploads there has been
of a package of a given version. if no uploads are made after a WIP release
this number should always be "1".
short example:
i release allegro-3.9.39-1.src.rpm and finds out that one of the makefiles
has a nasty bug, then i fix it and upload an allegro-3.9.39-2.src.rpm.
it's exactly the same package, the only difference is a small fix.

currently the enduser version of the allegro RPM is not generated.

--

rpmdir should be set to /usr/src/packages on SuSE Linux. I've committed that
fix.

--
Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.
E-mail: hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx  Homepage: http://hstokset.n3.net