Re: [AD] [TODO] About findfirst

>Actually my main complaint is against the design of this mini-API. The file
>functions are built on top of a platform abstraction layer:
>
>API level                for_each_file(),  file_size(), file_time()
>abstraction layer    _al_findfirst(), _al_findnext(), _al_findclose()
>platform-dep level    findfirst(), findnext(), findclose() for DJGPP
>                             _findfirst(), _findnext(), _findclose() for Win
>                              emulated find* set for Unixes, MacOS etc
>
>I find it a little wasteful to require the emulation of a platform dependent
>set of functions while we have already an abstraction layer on top of it !

Then why not make al_findfirst, al_findnext, al_findclose, al_ffblk (or
whatever structure we use)? It would be a reasonable part of the public
API, and would remove the need for the emulated find* functions under
otehr platforms. Under DJGPP and Windows, these would just be inline
functions calling the relevant library functions, but under Unix et al.
these would be actual implementations.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx