Re: [AD] [TODO] About findfirst

> No, because that would break all existing code in a potentially serious
> way (ie. the compiler is calling a function it expects to return an int,
> but the function doesn't return anything, so the stack gets corrupted).

But the compiler would issue at least a warning (gcc without any -W option
says "passing arg3 of for_each_file() from incompatible pointer type", I
think it's clear enough). Moreover it's a rather standard feature for
callback functions to acknowledge the call.

However, I agree that's a true API breakage...

---
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx