Re: [AD] [TODO] About findfirst

At 19:33 12/08/01 +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
>> Then why not make al_findfirst, al_findnext, al_findclose, al_ffblk (or
>> whatever structure we use)? It would be a reasonable part of the public
>> API, and would remove the need for the emulated find* functions under
>> other platforms.
>
>That's what I suggested in the original thread on the find* set of functions
>some time ago, but I didn't get many comments...
>
>However, there is some work to be done because the semantics of the
>_al_find* functions doesn't exactly match that of the DJGPP functions (no
>_al_ffblk structure for example). But I'm ok to take a longer look at this
>stuff in order to find out if the necessary changes can be made without
>breaking everything (especially the MacOS port).

How useful would it be to have Allegro provide a portable equivalent to
find_*? I mean, how often would these functions actually be used?
Speaking for myself, I probably wouldn't have much use for such functions
and if I did, I'd use the POSIX opendir()/readdir() functions, not whatever
is provided by Allegro.

Evert